17 Oct What is Conversion Rate Optimisation and How Can it Help Your Business?
In today’s highly competitive market of online business, attracting traffic to your website is only half the battle. You want your existing traffic to accomplish specific tasks on your site in order to reach a level of long-term and sustainable growth. This is where conversion rate optimisation Sydney becomes important.
What is Conversion Rate Optimisation?
Conversion rate optimisation (CRO) is the process of optimising the experience on your landing page or website based on visitor behavior in an effort to increase the likelihood of that visitor completing desired actions (conversions) on your page. Strong CRO efforts can save you time and money while enabling you to learn and capitalise on your website’s capabilities. Primary elements of CRO include the following:
- Website navigation
- Page load times
- Landing page design
- Website content, including the formatting and writing style of headlines and body content
Why Is CRO Important?
You may think that a business with an online presence doesn’t need optimisation efforts because shoppers are drawn to a specific product. However, customers who click on your page are not necessarily ready and willing to take action. Here are 5 reasons why CRO is an important focus for your online business.
- Effects of social media: marketing effectiveness of social media is increasing, helping to build loyalty with your customer base. You can take advantage of this by creating a unique story for your online presence.
- Increase in competition: a rising number of online retailers are all competing for existing customers. CRO helps your business to stand out.
- Increase in digital marketing costs: marketing expenses are on the rise. CRO helps to make the most of your investment by encouraging greater sales.
- Rising pay-per-click costs: higher demand for pay-per-click services is driving the cost for this platform through the roof. CRO helps to maximise the actions from each click so they pay for themselves.
- Shortened consumer attention span: if the average visitor to your site cannot find what they need quickly, they will look for a quicker option.
What Are the Benefits of CRO?
If your business depends on online actions taken by website visitors, you can realise extensive benefits from conversion rate optimisation Sydney. CRO allows you to get the most benefit from existing site traffic. Here are 4 benefits your site will receive from a focus on CRO.
- Enhances the look of online store: while a redesign is not necessarily a requirement, a focus on making the online store easy to scan, search, and complete purchases helps to reduce shopper anxiety and increase sales.
- Improves website efficacy: CRO provides quick results as users are funneled toward purchasing. A free digital audit can help determine site efficacy.
- Improves efficacy of marketing strategies: when click-through sales increase, your affiliates, advertisers, and social media marketing campaigns all see the benefits, strengthening these partnerships in a win-win situation.
- Streamlines business: a continuously-optimised online store looks more professional, with a clear path evident from the landing page to the purchasing area.
Once CRO is established for your business, you will realise huge benefits in many aspects as you respond to market conditions and make the most of traffic on your website.